Friday 24 August 2012

Modern art and stuff

So I wrote a post about modern art or postmodern or whatever that super stylized movement is where everything can be art and tracy emin is a respected contributer to the community, I can't be bothered to translate it but basically everything is bullshit and I'm sick of the whole idea where people point at things and declare them art.

And now, some comics about an art gallery that was apparently dedicated to penises, but had a whole bunch of other useless things in it too (photograph of a shoe, gold plated hummus, slow mo clip of a man eating fruit)





8 comments:

  1. in the building i work in, there's a can of spray paint with a label on it that says "portable black hole". and this can is a piece of art and it's worth $2000. i'm wondering if it really IS a portable black hole, because then $2000 would be totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why there's art in your building, but I did a risk assessment ($2000 vs complete and utter destruction of entire world in a fraction of a second) and it's totally worth checking.

      And if it isn't, then you can just get another can and write on it.
      No one will ever know.

      Delete
    2. Not only can she make witty comics, she can also make witty comments. I do enjoy visiting your blog Gail. Keep up the great work (:

      Delete
    3. haha, hello you!

      it's always nice to see these comments, I keep thinking this blog is dead :)
      thanks!

      Delete
  2. I like to charge people 20 dollars as I walk past them. It's becasue I'm a performance artist and me walking by someone is post-modern!


    People are cunts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. charge them extra if they try to haggle or get out of it, that's where the real performance is!

      pff, people

      Delete
  3. I call it Fart Art.

    It almost seems like art went from being something that required incredible talent and effort to "Let's see what lazy b.s. I can get away with"


    You should send your first panel to a modern art gallery, odds are it WILL be displayed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's just one great long performance piece and we're too narrow minded to see the act!

      Delete